WhiskyWorld Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

change tier 3 boss armour

2 posters

Go down

change tier 3 boss armour Empty change tier 3 boss armour

Post by wild_dog Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:52 pm

I know tier 3 armor has a seemingly OP set of attributes, like protection 6 and the +5 health boost, but I have done some calculations and it is actually VERRY underpowered

How Minecraft armor works is this: the base armor has an amount of points.
Every point reduces most types of incoming damage by 4% per point. (For the full list, check the >wiki<)
A full set of chain armor (what the tier 3 is made of) has 12 points, so it reduces incoming damage with 48%.
A full diamond set has 20 points and so reduces damage with 80%.

but the chain mail has p6, which is much better right? NO. This is because of the way damage reducing enchantments work.
Basically, every level of protective enchants adds a number of points to a general pool.
Protection adds to a pool against all damage, and specified enchants (like fire protection) adds protection to a pool of a certain group of damage, but adds more points per level.
P4 adds 5 points per level, p5 adds 7, and p6 adds 10.

This pool is capped at 25 points, so a full p5 set, which has 28 points, is already over the cap. P6 adds nothing over p5. This is the MAJOR problem.
This pool is then multiplied by a random value between 0.5 and 1 for every hit, rounded up to the nearest whole number, and capped at 20 points.
These effective points are multiplied by 4%, and all damage the player receives after the armor calculation (so to the full damage if armor doesn't protect, to the damage after 48% or 80% discount if it does).
This means that a full set of p5 or up (or any combo that gets 25 points in the damage type group), reduces the damage taken by an additional 52 to 80%.

From this point onward, I calculate with damage armor is effective against.

The tier 3 armor would thus reduce damage with 75.31% to 89.6%, and a diamond set with p5 reduces damage with 90.4% to 96%
But hang on, you might think, what about the health buffs?
Well, this is where the calculation gets complicated, but it boils down to this:
The tier 3 armor needs between 160.25 to 384.62 damage to kill a player who has the full 40 points of health.
A p5 set needs between 208.33 and 500 damage to kill a player with the full 20 points of health.

so total hit points wise, the p5 set is already better to have then a tier 3 boss set in flat out damage absorption, but what about regen?
well that gets even worse, because to knock of the 1 point of health regen provides, the tier 3 set needs between 4.00 and 9.62 incoming damage, while a p5 dia set needs between 10.45 and 25 damage.

I know you want the tier 3 set to be a special kind of buff, and not just an even stronger tier 2, but at the moment, it is weaker, and there is no way to get it stronger than the tier 2 set (which has p5) with enchantments alone.

My advice: change the tier 3 set to dia instead of chainmail, or do something like give each piece that you have on give 1 level of the resistance status effect while wearing it.
A full set would give resistance 4, and resistance further reduces damage with 20% per level.
This would make a full set of tier 3 amour with resistance 4 protect from 95.01% to 97.92% of incoming damage

if you only go up to level 3 though, it would protect against 90.02% to 95.84%, which is below the p5 dia set, but would protect extra against damage that armor normally does not protect against, so that could be considered fair as well.

[TLDR]
TIER 3 ARMOUR IS UNDERPOWERED! GIVE IT A CHANGE!
[/TLDR]

Last edited by wild_dog on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:42 am; edited 3 times in total

wild_dog

Back to top Go down

change tier 3 boss armour Empty .

Post by Xwoodruff14 Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:18 pm

did u right this after I killed u? lol

Xwoodruff14

Back to top Go down

change tier 3 boss armour Empty Re: change tier 3 boss armour

Post by wild_dog Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:55 am

yes, yes i did. and as you see, THIS is why u even managed do do that